Tony primarily focuses on corporate transactions and energy projects in the Middle East. He has assisted major international entities with structuring, developing, expanding, and operating energy and petrochemical projects throughout the region, including drafting and advising on EPC, EPCM, IPP, IWSPP, BOO, BOOT, BOT, and other turn-key contracts.
Tony also supports entities establish, or enhance, their presence in the region through Shari’ah compliant corporate structures, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate takeovers, and other various forms of corporate structuring and governance. Tony has developed a deep knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations guiding foreign entities in the Middle East, and has valuable experience with the foreign investment procedures as applied in practice.
In addition, Tony has experience supporting government entities with regulatory matters. He has assisted with the drafting and implementation of local rules and regulations while ensuring compliance with a government’s international commitments made through agreements such as GATS, GATT, TRIPS, bilateral free trade agreements, double taxation agreements, and others. Tony has successfully represented a Middle East government body in two sovereign immunity cases.
Tony has experience in the areas of international trade regulations, compliance, and business dispute resolution, including international arbitration and mediation.
- Juris Doctor, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C. – 2011
- Certificate of International Business and Trade, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland – 2009
- B.A. (Economics) – Baylor University, Waco, Texas – 2006
- Texas Bar – 2012
- American Bar Association – 2012
- Houston Bar Association – 2012
- International Law Society
- Spanish (working knowledge)