Since 1994, Dr. Akhlaghi has specialized as corporate counsel to international technology, real estate, technology, oil & gas, and stock brokerage companies and has extensive experience structuring and negotiating complex corporate transactions including acquisitions, asset purchase and other partnering agreements including joint ventures involving cross-border transactions.
Dr. Akhlaghi has advised corporate executives on matters ranging from commercial transactions to internal employment policies and regulatory matters. She advises on all phases of formation, promotion and operation entities & structures.
During her 20-year legal practice, Dr. Akhlaghi’s clients have included multinational conglomerates headquartered in the United States, as well as national governments from around the world. Dr. Akhlaghi has extensive experience in conducting complex litigation involving commercial disputes in California courts and has advised on international arbitration proceedings under ICC, LCIA, AAA and Swiss Arbitration Rules in worldwide tribunals including the Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague, and the Netherlands.
As an Adjunct Professor of Law, Dr. Akhlagi has taught courses in Remedies (contracts and torts) as well as contract negotiations and client-centered counseling.
- LLM, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts – 1993
- D., Whittier Law School, Law Review Articles Editor, Costa Mesa, California – 1992
- A. (Languages), Cum Laude, California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, California – 1986
- California Bar – 1992
- Washington, D.C. Bar – 1996
- Harvard International Law Journal
- International Law Society
- Arabic (working knowledge)
- Spanish (working knowledge)