Adib Tohme is an international tax and corporate lawyer that specializes in corporate re-organizations and restructurings, domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions, demergers, capital raising, joint ventures, tax efficient holding companies, financing structures and permanent establishment matters.
As a capital markets expert, Mr. Tohme advises on a full range of transactions including Islamic finance, debt capital markets, derivatives, equity markets, securitization, and structured finance. Mr. Tohme’s practice includes advice to private equity and hedge funds on corporate governance and international taxation matters.
Mr. Tohme has written and lectured extensively on a broad range of legal, financial, tax and macroeconomic issues, including international law, taxation and economics, the determinants of competitiveness, national economic models, direct foreign investment, reform issues in Middle Eastern economies, sovereign debt restructuring and the role of corporate governance in promoting growth.
Adib has acted as a counselor to the UNCTAD on direct foreign investments in Arab countries and advised multinational clients in Paris, London, Eastern Europe, New York and the GCC on international taxation, corporate law, capital markets and global finance.
Mr. Tohme is the co-founder and former dean of the Anglo-Saxon faculty of Law at La Sagesse University in Lebanon and maintains his status as a visiting researcher and scholar at the Harvard Law School.
- MBA, ESCP-EAP, Paris, France – 2000
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts – 1994
- LLM, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts – 1993
- DESS (Business Law and Taxation), Pantheon-Assas University, Paris, France – 1992
- Masters in Business Law and Taxation, Pantheon-Assas University, Paris, France – 1991
- LLB, Saint-Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon – 1990
- New York Bar – 1994
- Beirut Bar – 1994